CONCUSSION AWARENESS PLEDGE CONTEST
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants must visit recognizetorecover.org and complete the entry form. All complete entries will be accepted. Only one entrant per email addresss will be accepted. Entrants can only win one prize per email address. Each entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the natural person who submits the entry. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro, or other automated online entries are permitted. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules are eligible to win. Entries become the property of Administrator and will not be returned. Entries must be received by October 15, 2019 at 11:59pm when the sweepstakes ends.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 13 years of age and older as of October 06, 2019 except for employees of the United States Soccer Federation, Inc. ("Administrator") , and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and agencies (collectively "Promotion Parties"), and members of their immediate family or persons living in the same household. Void where prohibited. IF A PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF 18 IS SELECTED AS A WINNER, THE MINOR’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN MUST ACCEPT THE PRIZE ON THE MINOR’S BEHALF. FAILURE OF THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN TO ACCEPT THE PRIZE WILL RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF THE PRIZE. THE MINOR MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN MUST ACCOMPANY THE MINOR PRIZE WINNER TO THE MATCH.
4. DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted on or about October 17, 2019 by Administrator. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Potential winner will be notified by email and must sign and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within seven days of the date notice is sent or such other date set by Administrator. Failure to respond within the applicable time period will result in forfeiture of prize and Administrator shall have the option to award the prize to an alternate winner. All income taxes resulting from acceptance of prize are the responsibility of winner. By entering this sweepstakes, entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator, which shall be final in all matters. Acceptance of a prize also constitutes permission to the Promotion Parties to use winner's name, likeness, and biographical information for marketing purposes without further compensation or right of approval, unless prohibited by law. Promotion Parties will not be responsible for: lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or postage due entries; lost, late, or misdirected prize notices; or any typographical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the sweepstakes, or announcement of the prize. In the event of any such error, Administrator reserves the right to request that the Administrator cancel or modify this sweepstakes in a manner deemed appropriate by the Administrator, at the Administrator's sole discretion. All federal and state laws apply.
5· PRIZE: Two (2) tickets for Winner and one guest to one U.S. Soccer-controlled international friendly match played within the U.S during 2020. Ticket does not apply to tournaments or world cup qualifiers (excludes SheBelieves Cup, Tournament of Nations, Women’s Olympic Qualifying Matches), may not be resold or transferred to any third party. To claim tickets, winner must contact the U.S. Soccer ticketing department via email and/or phone within 2 weeks of the match to confirm attendance. Winner Photo ID will be required to redeem tickets. Seat location will vary per match. Travel to/from matches and other expenses such as parking and food are not included. Administrator is not responsible for any match cancelled or postponed due to weather.
6. Total prize value: Approximately Retail Value (“ARV”): $200. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. Limit one prize per family or household. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted by winner. Administrator reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Administrator will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
7. CHOICE OF LAW: Entrant agrees that all matters arising out of or relating to this sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New York, without giving effect to any of its conflict of laws provisions thereof.
8. WAIVER OF CLASS ACTION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN A SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) PARTICIPANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY), AND PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. ARBITRATION: As a condition of participating in any Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, controversies or causes of action arising out of or relating to any Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded (each, a "Claim"), shall be (i) arbitrated on an individual basis only, and shall not be consolidated or joined with or in any arbitration or other proceeding involving a Claim of any other party, and (ii) settled by binding arbitration in New York County, New York before a single arbitrator appointed by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its then governing rules and procedures, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered by any court having jurisdiction thereof; and (b) under no circumstance will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. These Official Rules shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., applicable to contracts entered into and performed exclusively in that State.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the prize winner, available after October 17, 2019, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: United States Soccer Federation, Inc., Attn: Marketing Department, 1801 S. Prairie Avenue, Chicago, IL 60616