Field conditions vary from location to location, but safety practices are the same. There may be hazards on the field that need attention before safe play can begin.
- If hazards remain, play should be suspended or moved to a different location.
- Know your goal: There are 500,000 soccer goals across the United States in many shapes and sizes, each with specific safe anchoring guidelines. Anchor your goal correctly.
- Trash and debris, including rocks, should be removed from the field.
- Make players aware of inconsistent surface conditions, such as uneven edges or bumps.
- Soccer goals should be properly anchored with weights or posts to prevent tipping forward.